For High-Speed Fertiliser Spreading
Vicon RO-XXL GEOSPREAD is perfect for high-speed spreading under all circumstances, with a working width of 24 - 45 metres and hopper capacity from 1875 to 3900 litres. The high speed RotaFlow system with 8 capacity vanes on each disc creates perfect overlap during spreading, no matter how fast you are driving. Step-less adjustments of the spreading patterns are possible with individual section control of 1 metre. The RO-XXL GEOSPREAD disc spreader comes with a maximum of 24 sections when using the GEOSPREAD system. With the combination of speed, optimised spreading and better yields, the total saving from the GEOSPREAD system can be up to 15%.
As weather and field conditions are changing continuously, combining the RO-XXL GEOSPREAD with IsoMatch GEOCONTROL allows you to take full advantage of your resources and maximise your efficiency. GEOPOINT enables better control of your fertiliser spreading pattern as it automatically detects when it is in a covered area, therefore preventing over and under dosing especially on headlands.
The Advantages of RO-XXL GEOSPREAD:
- High-speed spreading via 8 high-capacity vanes per disc
- Highly accurate weighing system and reference sensor
- GEOSPREAD ensures a cost saving of 5-15% of fertiliser
- ISOBUS compatible and AEF certified
- Optional MULTIRATE: multiple rates within a working width
When running IsoMatch GEOCONTROL in addition to GEOSPREAD you can set the RO-M/RO-EDW/RO-XXL GEOSPREAD (iDC) more accurately. The working width will automatically be adjusted to suit the overlap and coverage using a GPS positioning system. For example, when driving in a wedged or irregular shaped field, GEOSPREAD will start to decrease the working width step by step. GEOSPREAD is using the section control function of the IsoMatch GEOCONTROL software which is in the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or IsoMatch Tellus GO+ terminal. The spreader working width is divided into a minimum of 1 metre sections (max. 45 sections on RO-XXL GEOSPREAD (iDC), max. 54 sections on RO-EDW GEOSPREAD (iDC) and max. 33 sections on RO-M GEOSPREAD). Not only the spreading width is adjusted, the application rate (kg/min) is also adjusted automatically to match the revised spreading width. This combination of working width and application rate adjustment makes the GEOSPREAD system extremely accurate, with minimum influence on the coefficient of variation of the spread pattern
- Quick and accurate spreading, due to the actuators being directly connected to the discharge point. No linkages.
- Automatic, in-field, disc RPM management to maintain a perfect spreading pattern and optimise border spreading in combination with the TrimFlow.
- Section control with 1 metre sections (depending on the terminal functionality)
- Easy operation: no need to step off the tractor to adjust the working width
- 100% ISOBUS compatible for easy operation
- Automatic start/stop with GPS on headlands possible
- The Vicon weighing spreader range is 100% ISOBUS compatible as standard, which means easy plug and play with the IsoMatch Tellus GO+ or PRO or an other AEF certified terminal.
- The GEOSPREAD spreader range is equipped with an user interface (Generation 3 electronics) on the control terminal with an easy navigation structure, intuitive layout and guarantees optimal user friendliness. Features includes: pre-sets to save different fertiliser types, easy filling mode including limit warning, easier service and diagnostics and support of a digital spirit level to be able to level the spreader with the hydraulic top link from the tractor cab. Operators will be fully prepared for the future of spreading.
With the AutosetApp you have always the most up to date settings for your weighing spreader available. The AutosetApp is an App (software application) available on the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or IsoMatch Tellus GO+ terminal. The AutosetApp is standard integrated into the IsoMatch GEOCONTROL software. This App connects the terminal directly with the GEOSPREAD weighing spreader and will automatically adjust the spreader according to the settings entered into the App. The AutosetApp will also work in combination with the RO-M EW, RO-M W PRO and RO-EDW, with the exception being for those spreaders the discharge point (letter setting) still needs to be adjusted manually on the spreader itself.
The Vicon fertiliser spreader database with the most up to date spreading charts is always available online. The AutosetApp can connect to the fertiliser spreading database in two different ways. You can connect it to the online database via the IsoMatch Wireless WIFI USB adapter or download the most actual database from the website www.viconspreadingcharts.com on an USB stick and upload the database directly into the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or IsoMatch Tellus GO+ terminal.
With the High speed RotaFlow system, fertiliser is gently brought up to speed in the dosing cup, before it is released on the disc. This system is unique compared to most other spreading systems that have the fertiliser falling on the disc. Therefore, the high speed RotaFlow system has some important advantages:
- No impact, so no fragmentation. Spreading pattern is not affected by damaged fertiliser.
- 8 vanes per disc instead of 2. With 8 vanes fertiliser is released on a high frequency for a very constant flow and even spreading pattern, which is especially important when driving higher speeds and spreading larger quantities.
- Accurate spreading in hilly conditions. An inclination of the spreader does not affect the release point of the fertiliser on the disc and from the vane.
For even more precision
MULTIRATE (Variable Rate Application) applies multiple rates within a working width.
In order to spread the right amount of fertiliser at a specific place in a field there is a need to have a different rate within the working width. Depending on the field variation and the size of the grid of the variable application map, input of 2, 4, 6 or 8 rate sections can be used. This means a more accurate application of nutrients to have a better nutrient efficiency, better yield and reduce costs.
With a Vicon GEOSPREAD spreader you invest in 100% ISOBUS compatibility for easy plug and play with the IsoMatch Tellus PRO or any other AEF certified terminal. In just some steps with this combination you are ready to use MULTIRATE. You have to convert a satellite or soil map into an ISO-XML file. Download the Variable Rate Map into the terminal and you are ready to spread with MULTIRATE with 2 up to 8 rates.
- Continuous dynamic "online - calibration" with high frequency communication signal.
- Vicon's unique reference sensor technology: all negative influences are automatically corrected and eliminated, ensuring utmost spreading accuracy even on hill sides. The Vicon reference sensor gives you absolute accuracy, because every kilo counts!
- Load cells in combination with the unique reference sensor:
- Auto calibrating and continuous weighing system
- Automatic correction on slopes
- Automatic correction of shocks, even on rough terrain
- Automatic speed related dosing system
- No calibration test needed
- Highest accuracy in all conditions: even spreading quality guaranteed! Save costs and increase quality!
- The compact FlowPilot 'dashboard' gives you considerably simplified accurate setting and adjustment of application rates. Two hydraulically operated metering plates, each with three discharge openings ensure an equal fertiliser flow from the hopper to the spreading discs.
- The R&D department of the Vicon spreaders has its own spreader competence centre in order to allow continuous testing throughout the year. All tests are carried out according to the strictest international standards and quality requirement.
- The key to accurate spreading is matching fertiliser quality and litre weight with the spreading charts as close as possible. The Vicon RotaFlow checklist helps you to ensure consistent accuracy in all field conditions:
1. Select fertiliser type
2. Determine granule size and distribution
3. Determine litre weight
- Vicon offers the TrimFlow system or manual/hydraulic border spreading plate for border spreading. The TrimFlow can be accurately set for all types of fertiliser and for all working widths. Operation is easy, no need to leave the tractor seat. For the RO-M GEOSPREAD, RO-XL, RO-EDW and RO-XXL GEOSPREAD (iDC) models the TrimFlow can even be fitted on the left- and right-hand side of the spreader.
- With one-side boundary spreading the tractor is driven approximately 2 metres from the field border.
- With boundary track spreading the tractor is driving in the first tramline and is spreading to the border. The distance to the border is the half of the working width.
- The Border Spreading Indicator (BSI) on the standard weighing spreaders (RO-M EW, RO-M W PRO, RO-EDW) indicates which border spreading device is active. For the GEOSPREAD machines this is integrated in the electronics and the active device will be displayed on the control terminal in the cab.
- The RO-XL, RO-EDW and RO-EDW/RO-XXL GEOSPREAD spreaders are also available mounted on a trailer frame.
- A Central Hydraulic Drive is as option available for spreading without PTO shaft, for the RO-XL, RO-EDW and RO-EDW/RO-XXL GEOSPREAD.
- Easy to assemble aluminum hopper extensions are available to increase hopper capacity.
- An easy to fold in and out hopper cover is as option available. Simple to fit! It can be the manual folded hopper cover or the electrical version which can be controlled from the tractor cab.
- Left/right shut off valve for spreading at half working widths is optional available.
- To ensure a consistent flow when spreading low quantities, the RotaFlow system is equipped with a fine application kit. Ideal for spreading low quantities, seeds and slug pellets.
- Delta shaped heavy duty grids are standard equipment of the RO-XL, RO-EDW, RO-EDW/RO-XXL GEOSPREAD (iDC) spreaders.
- Central gear box with 2 input shafts for high and low disc speed settings is standard equipment of the RO-XL, RO-EDW, RO-EDW/RO-XXL GEOSPREAD (iDC) spreaders.
- Hopper emptying kit is optional available to easy get the last fertiliser out of your hopper.
- Easy calibration is done with the optional calibration container.
- Long lifetime LED lighting set is standard equipment for the RO-XL, RO-EDW, RO-EDW and RO-XXL GEOSPREAD (iDC) spreaders.
- The mud guards (option) protect the spreading disc against mud, water etc.
The front-rear combination will not only increase the total capacity up to 6000 or 7000 litres, but also the efficiency and nutrition accuracy will be increased by spreading two different applications in one pass. Instead of spreading a blend it is possible to apply two different fertiliser types with different physical properties, both with a correct setting to get a perfect nutrient accuracy and spreading pattern. As a result, there will be an increased yield and more efficient use of the applied fertiliser.
Perfect weight balance
With a spreader in the rear and one in the front there is an increase in capacity and at the same time a perfect weight balance on the tractor. This means that there is less ground pressure, which results in less soil compaction. In case there is no PTO shaft available at the front of the tractor, the central hydraulic driveline on the GEOSPREAD spreaders can be used. The TrimFlow border spreading device can be added on the left- and right-hand side for spreading borders and headlands.
The different GEOSPREAD models, with different hopper capacities, can be combined in the front and the rear. On the ISOBUS terminal each disc spreader can be selected, and the correct setting can easily be entered. Section control will automatically switch on and off sections on both spreaders to minimise overlap. With the Variable Rate Application on all the Vicon GEOSPREAD spreaders it is possible to automatically adjust the application rate separately from the front and rear spreader. For even more precision MULTIRATE applies multiple rates within a working width, independently from the front and rear spreader.
For an optimal result with high quality vanes.
Increased use of very hard fertilisers with sharp edges at high flow rates will shorten the lifetime of the vanes. Worn out vanes are creating an unreliable spreading pattern, causing uneven nutrient distribution and potential yield loss.
XHD wearing resistant vanes stand for a long life time and reliable machine. The surface coating of the lift vanes was introduced for this purpose.
The XHD lift vanes are made out of standard Duplex stainless steel, treated with Chromium carbide coating layer to increase their wearing resistance. The Chromium carbide is an extremely hard and corrosion resistant material. It's heated to very high temperatures and sprayed on the vane to create a protective layer. The Chromium carbide increases the wearing resistance, but has no influence on the spreading pattern. The XHD lift vanes provide a high quality spreading pattern and durability for the farmer.
Technical specificationsDownload brochure
RO-XXL GEOSPREAD 1875
RO-XXL GEOSPREAD 2550
RO-XXL GEOSPREAD 3225
RO-XXL GEOSPREAD 3900
Hopper capacity (l)
Filling height (cm)
Filling width (cm)
Empty weight (kg)
Spreading width (m)
24 - 45*
10 - 540
* Depending on fertiliser type and type of vanes.